Supervised By: House Supervisor
Description & Duties: As a Residential Aide, you will be responsible for multiple duties on a daily basis. The following is a list of tasks that Residential Aides will be required to perform. This list is not all-inclusive and Residential Aides can be assigned additional tasks by their direct supervisor, manager, director, or the administration on an "as needed" basis. Residential Aides may also be assigned "team jobs" by the house supervisor which can include medication ordering, scheduling, assisting with report writing, and other duties.
- Perform grooming and hygiene tasks for residents as needed. This includes simply reminding all the way up to total assistance with all bathing and hygiene needs.
- Ability to safely and effectively perform CPR and CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention holds/restraints).
- Provide consistent supervision of residents as required by their risk management plans.
- Provide support and assistance for residents, including behavior management, job coaching, cleaning, meal preparation, transportation, medical appointments, and other supports as needed.
- Prepare meals for residents. The level of meal preparation assistance needed will depend on which site you are stationed at.
- Have a working knowledge of all residents behavioral and service plans, and be able to follow the guidelines of these plans and any other protocols put in place by management.
- Participate in all scheduled team meetings.
- Administration of medications correctly during scheduled shifts. Following all instructions with the medications by following the 6 "rights" and by communicating with others regarding individual observations.
- Complete daily documentation correctly and thoroughly.
- Attend and complete all assigned training sessions, including CPI (physical restraints), CPR, and other trainings assigned by administration.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, including other Residential Aides, Residential Specialists, Team Supervisor, Health Care Director, and others on the treatment team.
- Complete housekeeping tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Transport residents with the house vehicle and accurately documenting in the mileage log, as well as reporting any issues with the supervisor.
- Lift and transfer adults and providing assistance to those in wheelchairs.
- Assist with purchases for the house and for residents.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Vulnerable Adult Rules and Adult Foster Care Rules.
- Lead groups during Day Program and other activities as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Assist supervisor with duties as assigned on an individual basis.
- Follow and be familiar with all Expanding Horizons, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Attending work on a regular basis and coming to work in a punctual manner. Notifying direct supervisor of requested days off or of need to take time off while following the policies.
Required Education/Experience/Physical Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check as required by county and state governments.
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety requirements.
- Ability to assist residents with transfers.
- Range of motion to perform all required resident's assistance and all job-related tasks.
- Ability to stand or be on your feet for long periods of time and lift assistance of up to 40 pounds.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate, read and write in English.
- Follow oral and written directions accurately and consistently.
- Possess a current driver's license without a major infraction.
- Have the ability to be insured and drive EHI's vehicles.
- Successfully complete EHI's orientation process.
- Have the ability to perform all essential functions of the job.